Tuesday 26 April 2011

M.A.C Haul - swatches and reviews !!

So I ordered a few things from maccosmetics.co.uk and ive waited a while so i could try them each out long enough to form an opinion for this review for you guys :) so here it is :

*these pictures are not my own

Lipsticks

COSTA CHIC

This was one of the things that i was most excited about receiving. The image on the left is fairly true to the colour although i would add it is slightly more coral/orange. This lipstick is a frost, having said that i havent found it all that 'frosty' but there are some definite silver shimmer. I was more than pleased with this product, I love it and its perfect for summer ! cant wait to wear it! This lipstick is flattering on almost all skintones but especially beautiful on medium tan and olive skin tones.
Repurchase ? : YES !








CHATTERBOX

This lipstick I had high expectations for, after looking at pictures and vids of it on youtube, I was convinced this would be 'the one' out of this haul, yet i was highly disappointed. When I first tried this colour it seemed bland and -not 'unflattering' but didnt really do anything for me. I am very pale and this is a really warm pink so I believe this is the reason. MAC claims chatterbox to be an amplified however I highly disagree and it is almost matte, i would say it is a satin finish. I recommend this one for darker skintones.
Repurchase? : no







IMPASSIONED

I actually bought this one a while after at a mac store in London. I was going in to get the Lady G nude lippy that everyones gone gaga for but I got this one instead - it just called to me ;) im sure you've all been there.  This is an obvious amplified. I put it on and fell in love with it! although this image is showing up as a bright pink, it is alot more of a mix of bright pink and definite reds. in certain lights it can look red. This colour is beautiful on all skintones - really EVERYONE! so if your into bold then go ahead and snatch this stunner up. oh and by the way i do reccomend using a lip pencil with this incase of the colour bleeding around the edges
Repurchase? : absolutely yes!




Lipglosses

PINK LEMONADE

I am so glad i got this one! one of my best decisions, especially since it goes PERFECTLY with costa chic -chuck 'em in your purse for the night and your good to go. Its a beautiful coraly pink, described by mac as a flamingo pink - this is very very true. Also looking stunning ontop of your fave nude for a beachy pink flush.
well thats all i can really say - i truly loveeee this product
Repurchase? : HELL YEAH!





NYMPHETTE

Like chatterbox, i had high expectations for this one, at first i was quite disappointed i tried it and honestly regretted spending so much on it - cos lets face it mac aint cheap ! To be honest it didnt really do much other than some goldy shine, until i tried it with my YSL lipstick (rouge pur couture 10) which brought out the pink tones in it, I thought it looked great, its a mauvey pink with gold shimmer, and supposedly gold is more for darker skin, less for pale ones like me, so lesson learnt. however i will happily go on using it with the dusty rose kind of colour range lipsticks that i have.
Repurchase? : probably not

Blush

POSEY

I saw this one in the last chance to buy section so i just had to try it, although it wasnt quite the exact colour i was expecting (i expected a slightly lighter posey pink) it impressed me as a product. It blends so beautifully on the cheeks and gives a lovely glow to the face, im really glad i got this to use for summer when i dont like to cake my face in powder so the cremeblend blushes are a much nicer option. If you have one or plan on getting one i suggest a liquid foundation -not only powder or mousse as this maximises the quality and complete look of creme blush. Repurchase? : definitely the mac cremeblend blush but in other colours

Shadesticks (cream eyeshadow stick) 



I got 2 shadesticks, one in taupographic - an ashy copper colour and one in shimmersand - a pinky champagney beige with gold undertones. I was highly disappointed with this product, not only were the colours a let down but they creased easily! with and without a primer. Taupographic was alot more orange than it seemed and shimmersand was not even slightly pink, it was a strong beige bordering gold when on.
Reperchase? : NO

No comments:

Post a Comment